Click here to skip to main content.
 
Ref No MBC
TitleBold Colliery Archives
Date c. 1900-1986
Extent553 items, 79 volumes, 9 bundles and 1 file
Level Fonds
AccessStatusOpen
AdminHistoryBold Colliery was sunk in 1876 and went into production in 1880. At one period in its early history, the colliery was owned by the Collins Green Colliery Company. It closed in the 1930s and then reopened under the ownership of Sutton Heath and Lea Green Collieries Company Limited. After the Coal Industry Nationalisation Act of 1946, the colliery was transferred to public ownership under the management of the National Coal Board.
AcquisitionThis collection was deposited during the few weeks prior and after the official closure of Bold Colliery (15 Mar 1986).
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019