Click here to skip to main content.
 
Ref No UG
TitleUnited Glass Limited, St.Helens.
Date 1892-1999
Extent2265 items, 45 volumes, 8 bundles
Level Fonds
CreatorNameUnited Glass Limited
AccessStatusOpen
AdminHistoryIn 1913 the bottle manufacturers Cannington Shaw and Company, Nuttall Company (St Helens), Alfred Alexander and Company and Robert Candlish and Son combined to form a public company under the name of The United Glass Bottle Manufacturers Limited. During the following three decades the company closed a number of small plants and concentrated production at a newly-built factory at Charlton, London and two factories at Sherdley and Ravenhead, St Helens.

In 1964 the Sherdley factory closed. Tableware production moved to the Ravenhead Glass factory and bottle production began at the new factory at the adjacent Peasley Cross site.

The United Glass Peasley Cross factory closed in 1999 and the Ravenhead Glass factory in Nuttall Street, St.Helens closed in 2001.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019