Click here to skip to main content.
 
Ref No SHH
TitleSt.Helens Cottage Hospital (later St.Helens Hospital)
Date 1873-1965
Extent84 items, 26 volumes and 1 bundle
Level Fonds
CreatorNameSt Helens Cottage Hospital
RelatedMaterialFor further information see 'A history of St.Helens Hospital, Lancashire' by Pauline Hurst (St.Helens Townships Family History Society), 2011
AccessStatusOpen
AdminHistorySt.Helens Cottage Hospital was opened in 1873 largely as the result of the benefaction of the local industrialist Andrew Kurtz. In the following years it was repeatedly enlarged and its services extended. On 26 May 1896 it became known as St.Helens Hospital. In 1961 the Peasley Cross Isolation Hospital was integrated into this establishment and became known as the Peasley Cross Wing.
AcquisitionRecords were deposited in 1987.
LanguageEnglish
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019