Click here to skip to main content.
Ref No SE/61
TitleRichard Evans Primary School, West End Road, Haydock, near St.Helens
Date 1879-2006
Extent261 items, 54 volumes, 7 files and 2 bundles
Level Series
AdminHistoryBlackbrook British School was built in 1879 with money donated by members of the family of Richard Evans, a local colliery owner and philanthropist, whose company was the principal source of employment for the village of Haydock in the late 19th century. The school was renamed, the Blackbrook Richard Evans and later became known as Richard Evans School. Locally, the infant school was known as 'The Little School' and Juniors as 'Jaggers' after its first headmaster. The two schools were amalgamated in Sep 1933. The school closed in 2006.
AcquisitionRecords deposited by Elizabeth Bold in Nov 2006.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024