Click here to skip to main content.
 
Ref No SE/39
TitleWindle Pilkington Council School, Waterloo Street, St.Helens
Date 1900-1982
Extent10 volumes
Level Series
NotesAs a result of the method of acquisition it has been difficult to determine the specific departmental name for each log book. As a result they have all been listed in chronological order.
AccessStatusOpen
AdminHistoryWindle Pilkington Council School was formally opened in Mar 1915 and dedicated to the memory of the late Alderman William Windle Pilkington, the first chairman of the St.Helens Education Committee. Pupils were transferred from the Crown Glassworks School and the British Ragged Schools, which closed at the beginning of 1915. A feature of this building was the boys' playground on the roof, though the whole design of the school was considered to be progressive.
AcquisitionThese records were acquired by St.Helens Local History and Archives Library over a period of 30 years. Some log books were formally deposited while others were rescued or donated by members of the public.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024