Click here to skip to main content.
 
Ref No SE/29
TitleGirls' Institute, Peter Street, St.Helens
Date 1914-1951
Extent11 items, 1 bundle and 1 volume
Level Series
AccessStatusOpen
AdminHistoryThe Institute was opened in Jan 1906 by Colonel W.W. Pilkington as a memorial to his daughter Miss Anne Pilkington. It was erected by J. Ellison and Sons from the designs of Briggs and Wolstenholme. It aimed to provide classes for poorer girls under the age of 14 years. The school was un-denominational, but aimed to provide a Christian consciousness.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024