Click here to skip to main content.
 
Ref No SE/1
TitleSt.Helens Technical School
Date 1892-1956
Extent24 items, 3 volumes
Level Series
AccessStatusOpen
AdminHistoryThe Gamble Institute in Victoria Square, St.Helens was donated to the town by Sir David Gamble in 1896. It housed both the Free Public Library and the Technical School. It was known as a Technical College from 1938 until 1958 when the first phase of a more modern building was opened in Westfield Street, St.Helens. During the late 1950s and early 1960s the Technical college gradually moved out of the Gamble Institute as each section of the new building in Westfield Street was completed. The School of Art remained in the Gamble Institute until staff and students moved to a new site in the 1990s.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2024