Click here to skip to main content.
 
Ref No MBP
TitleS. & C. Bishop Company Limited
Date 1834-1947
Extent54 items, 1 volume and 1 bundle
Level Fonds
CreatorNameS. & C. Bishop Company Limited
AccessStatusOpen
AdminHistorySamuel Bishop originally came from London, arriving in St.Helens in 1833 where he formed a flint glass manufacturing company. Upon his death in 1842 his two sons, Samuel Richardson and Charles Joseph, took control of the business located at Parr Street and Frazer Street, St.Helens.

Charles Bishop was also responsible for the building of the small drinking fountain situated at the junction of the Old Market Place and Church Street in the middle of St.Helens. Photographs of this structure can be seen at PH/46/3 and PH/46/5.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019