Click here to skip to main content.
 
Ref No CSAA
TitleChurch of St Ann, Rainhill, Lancashire (Church of England)
Date 1836-1949
Extent120 items, 5 volumes and 2 bundles
Level Fonds
CreatorNameChurch of St Ann, Rainhill
AccessStatusOpen
AdminHistoryIn 1836 an appeal for donations was issued for the building of a church in Rainhill, Lancashire. The foundation stone was laid on 24 Jul 1837. The church was completed and opened for worship on 19 Jul 1838. The first preacher was the Vicar of Prescot - Reverend C G T Driffield. James Owen gave the land for the church and churchyard; he also donated all of the stone required for the buiilding of the church and enclosing the churchyard. The architect was Edward Welsh and the builder was John Dearden.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019